Way back in September, Localize, made a call out to local vendors for their favourite festive holiday recipes using their products. Well, of course we have an abundance of inspiration for any holiday meal using Rick's Rub, but we decided to send a unique recipe that was sent to us by a Facebook friend of ours. Today, 95 days later, I received an email saying that our recipe was picked for their Top 5! Yippee! I won't lie, I did throw my hands in the air 'cause I just didn't care. Publicity is good, free publicity is even better!
Our Category is "A Sugar Plum Fairy's Pick" and you can find the blog post here.
Or find the recipe here:
Rick’s Rub was created by Red Seal Chef Rick, to add flavour back into the kitchen using premium herbs and spices that are blended in Maple Ridge, British Columbia. Rick’s products are low in sodium, have no MSG, and no extra fillers so you know exactly what is going into your food with Rick’s Rub. It all started because “Chef Rick wants everyone to feel good about what is going into your body, getting back to Real Food!” Find out more about Rick’s Real Food.
Makes: 6 dozen cookies
(Note: to make Gluten Free, use Quinoa flour)
- 1 cup butter & 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 cups cake flour or 3 cups all purpose flour
- (Gluten Free: 4 cups Quinoa flour)
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 tsp Rick’s Rub Original
- 3/4 tsp Rick’s Rub Heat
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F (Gluten Free: 340 degrees F).
- Blend butter and margarine well. Add vanilla.
- Add sugar and blend well.
- Combine flour, Rick’s Rub Heat, & Rick’s Rub Original.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture gradually until dough is quite stiff.
- Form dough into balls with your hands, place on greased cookie sheet and press down with a fork.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown (Gluten Free: 10 minutes).