Everyone needs a quick weeknight meal that will please the whole family. Try this quick and easy chicken teriyaki with Rick's Rub™ Asian for a delicious, wholesome meal.
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 medium sized zucchini, cut into bite-sized pieces
2-3 tsp Rick's Rub™ Asian seasoning
1 clove garlic, chopped
2-3 tbsp brown sugar
1/4-1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
grated ginger, to taste
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat on stove. Season chicken thigh pieces with Rick's Rub™ Asian seasoning and add to skillet once the skillet is hot to allow the chicken to sear.
- Add zucchini pieces to skillet once chicken has a light sear and continue to cook until softened.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add garlic; saute until garlic is fragrant.
- In a small dish, mix the brown sugar, soy sauce, and grated ginger (if desired) and add sauce to skillet to reduce. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes over low heat until sauce is reduced and coats the chicken and zucchini.
- Remove from heat and serve over rice or quinoa.
*Chefs Tip: substitute your favourite seasonal vegetables and add Rick's Rub™ Heat for a customized creation!