For this easy seared Tofu recipe, you will need extra firm tofu.
14oz block of firm or extra firm tofu (drained weight = 4oz)
2 Tbs Rick’s Rub Fish & Seafood seasoning
2 Tbs olive or grapeseed oil
Prep for tofu:
- Slice open the package and drain out the water. Cut the block of tofu width-wise into eight ½” thick slices
- Lay a dish towel on a cookie sheet or tray; place paper towel on top of the dish towel.
- Spread the slices of tofu out in a single layer on the towels. Put more paper towel and another dish towel on top.
- Set another cookie sheet on top and set heavy objects on top, such as canned goods, cook books, etc.
- Leave the tofu for at least 30 mins to allow as much water out of the spongy tofu as possible. This will allow other flavours into the tofu!
- Once the tofu has released most of the water, you are ready to proceed with the recipe!
- Place drained tofu slices in a shallow dish
- Rub tofu with Rick’s Rub Fish & Seafood seasoning. Let sit for 10 mins
- Add oil to a large, preheated non-stick skillet and allow the oil to get hot, about 1 min
- Add seasoned tofu to the pan and sear for 1 to 2 mins or until golden brown. Flip tofu and repeat on other side.
Serve with side green salad