This easy hummus recipe is better than any store bought hummus and takes only 10 minutes! Customize with the seasoning to get the flavour that you enjoy.
1 can chickpeas or garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
¼ cup fresh lemon juice, about 1 large lemon
¼ cup tahini
1 garlic clove, minced
2 Tbs olive oil, plus more for serving
½ tsp salt, to taste
2-3 Tbs water
1-2 tsp Rick’s Rub Moroccan
Rick’s Rub Heat, to taste
- In a food processor, combine tahini and lemon juice. Process for 1 minute. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl then turn on and process for 30 seconds.
- Add the olive oil, minced garlic, Rick’s Rub Moroccan and Rick’s Rub Heat, and salt. Process for 30 seconds, scrape down sides and bottom of bowl, then process for another 30 seconds.
- Add ½ of the chickpeas and process for 1 minute. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl, add remaining chickpeas and process for 1 to 2 minutes or until thick and smooth.
- With the food processor turned on, slowly add 2 to 3 Tbs of water until the consistency is smooth. Season to taste.
- Scrape the hummus into a bowl and drizzle with olive oil
Serve with pita wedges or cut vegetables
Serves 4 to 6