For this easy Moroccan tofu kebab dinner, you will need extra firm tofu
14oz firm or extra firm tofu (drained weight 4oz)
2 Tbs Rick’s Rub Moroccan seasoning
6 bamboo skewers
Yellow or red peppers
Prep for tofu:
- Slice open the package and drain out the water. Cut the block of tofu width-wise into eight ½” thick slices
- Lay a dish towel on a cookie sheet or tray; place paper towel on top of the dish towel.
- Spread the slices of tofu out in a single layer on the towels. Put more paper towel and another dish towel on top.
- Set another cookie sheet on top and set heavy objects on top, such as canned goods, cook books, etc.
- Leave the tofu for at least 30 mins to allow as much water out of the spongy tofu as possible. This will allow other flavours into the tofu!
- Once the tofu has released most of the water, you are ready to proceed with the recipe!
- Place drained tofu slices in a shallow dish
- Rub tofu with Rick’s Rub Moroccan seasoning
- Cut vegetables into 1” pieces
- Alternately skewer tofu and vegetable pieces onto bamboo skewers, as desired
- Place finished kebabs on preheated, greased grill and cook until golden brown
Serve with Tabbouleh